Lower costs, lower emissions, improved customer satisfaction, and improved safety are just some of the benefits of fleet management systems today.
Elevate Your Customer Service Through Real-time Tracking
Looking for ways to improve your customer service? Real-time tracking is vital in improving not just your customer’s experience but yours as well.
Offering the best customer service is about being in tune with your customers’ experiences from the initial order to the final delivery.
That includes one very vital thing: knowing (and being able to provide) the real-time status of your deliveries.
Providing good customer service has always been a top priority for successful businesses, so successful businesses are investing in real-time tracking in droves.
Unsurprisingly, a good customer experience all boils down to details, and that includes promptness, transparency, and connection. Real-time tracking helps you tick all of these boxes.
In this article, we will cruise the road of real-time tracking and show you how it helps you provide an elevated quality of service by providing a connection between your product and your customer.
Here are some of the highlights:
- Real-time tracking offers you a hassle-free way of identifying the location of your vehicles and packages. It also shows you your ant tracks – where each vehicle went and when.
- Real-time tracking falls under the “fleet management system” umbrella. Effective fleet management and utilization are essential for business growth, driver safety, and cost optimization.
- Real-time tracking also helps you stay up-to-date with your drivers’ performances and provides you with accurate information on your vehicles’ conditions.
- Real-time tracking requires GPS technology.
- eLogii is a comprehensive route optimization platform that can offer you a modern, seamless, and efficient approach to deliveries. eLogii is the perfect platform for businesses needing real-time tracking, route optimization, and more. Take two minutes now and schedule a demo of eLogii.
What is real-time tracking?
The use of modern technology is widespread in all sectors, and undoubtedly, it’s been vital in the progression of many successful businesses. From machinery to tracking systems, technology has long been the partner of innovative business owners (and that can include you).
Real-time tracking is an excellent innovation that tells fleet managers and customers where a vehicle carrying a particular package is in real-time.
Real-time tracking is typically used to elevate a business’s delivery performance while prioritizing convenience and safety. With real-time GPS tracking systems, companies can keep a close eye on their vehicles, their status, and their location while providing live assistance to their drivers.
It might surprise you to learn that this versatile fleet management system has more benefits than just giving you more information.
That brings us to…
How real-time tracking can help your business grow
GPS tracking systems have been around for a while, but are you aware of all its advantages and how you can utilize them as a business owner for your business’s growth?
Here’s how real-time tracking systems will help your business grow and expand:
- It helps you avoid accidents
Fleet managers typically need to track trucks, the products they contain, and their drivers. Tracking this information allows fleet managers to identify the safest and most strategic routes to take.
You can also reduce the risk of truck and car accidents by monitoring the state of your employees, the state of your trucks, and your drivers’ journeys via GPS.
GPS trackers are designed to show, for example, truck-accessible roads and a location’s terrain. This can help you determine what the safest and most convenient path is (something that’s often difficult when you aren’t familiar with an area).
By utilizing fleet management and GPS systems, you can also get data on your driver’s skills and routes at a glance. This will help you spot tired, distracted, or dangerous drivers so you can take them off the road before they crash.
Crashes cost businesses thousands in repairs, compensation for injuries, lost product, and the opportunity costs of having a vehicle out of commission.
- It reduces theft
According to a report by the National Insurance Crime Bureau, over 900,000 vehicles were stolen in the US in 2021. The rate of stolen vehicles increased by 6% from the previous year.
With the risks of business vehicle theft rising, installing a tracking system on your trucks provides an extra level of security that will benefit your business in the long run. You can locate your truck at any minute with real-time tracking. This will help you identify if your vehicles have ventured off-course or have been on the road for an abnormal amount of time (two common signs of theft).
Real-time access will also help you increase the chances of recovering your vehicles should one of them be stolen. Namely, you can give the police a live view of where the stolen vehicle is so they can locate it.
- It helps you save money on fuel
Fuel costs take up a huge chunk of business operating expenses.
If you have more than one vehicle, managing them with GPS tracking will provide you with an efficient tracking system that will alert you to any changes in your vehicle’s behavior on the road.
Real-time tracking can help you spot:
- Longer than usual travel times
- Unauthorized use of your trucks
- Slow-moving roads that should be avoided
- Vehicles driving through snow, mud, and rough terrain
All these activities increase your fuel costs, so tracking them will help you cut down on your fuel costs.
- You can leverage geofencing
Another unique feature of real-time tracking is geofencing.
Geofencing allows you to limit the parameters of your truck’s journey with GPS trackers that trigger a response if a vehicle exits your pre-set travel area. Specifically, you’ll get an alert via text or email if your vehicle starts engaging in off-road transportation or is traveling to a place at an hour where it should be somewhere else.
Geofencing will not only improve your driver’s safety but will help you prevent theft and recover your vehicle if something goes wrong.
- It ensures that drivers are being truthful
It’s vital to have a transparent relationship with your drivers to ensure that the quality of your customer service is always very high. Drivers play an integral role in the customer experience – they are often a point of contact for customers.
A GPS tracking system is essential in maintaining transparency with drivers, fleet managers, and business owners. With real-time tracking, you can get accurate and unbiased information on driver productivity and behavior.
Drivers can also use real-time tracking to protect themselves at work. For example, real-time tracking can prove they were delayed because of traffic or an accident.
- It can provide more accurate ETAs to customers (increasing satisfaction)
To provide excellent customer service, you need to be transparent. That means being able to provide real-time updates and information to your customers anytime.
Customers will appreciate the convenience of being able to track the product they ordered without the hassle of waiting or calling customer service.
Real-time tracking gives you the ability to produce accurate ETAs, live vehicle tracking, and dependable service. Thus, you can establish a better relationship with them and increase customer satisfaction.
- It can increase employee productivity
In a journal article in Social Cognitive and Affective Neuroscience, it was discussed that people perform better when they are being watched and observed.
Tracking productivity isn’t easy on the road. However, an effective way to observe your employees as they drive is through a GPS.
Aside from observing, a tracking system creates a connection between the driver and employer that allows them to work together with the goal of better performance. Drivers can, for example, set goals for themselves and use real-time monitoring to see how their progress toward that goal is going.
Real-time tracking is designed to allow businesses to leverage guided supervision and employees to understand their productivity at a deeper level.
- It can improve driver and vehicle safety
With real-time access to your driver’s whereabouts, you can easily verify their status and your vehicle’s condition as needed.
Information like how long it’s been since a car was serviced, how a vehicle’s tires are doing, if a car breaks or speeds up too frequently, and how fast a vehicle is helps you identify faulty vehicles so that you can fix them.
Being able to identify faulty vehicles will keep your drivers safer and your vehicles on the road for longer.
How eLogii can help you master real-time tracking
eLogii is a dependable real-time delivery management system that can help you elevate the efficiency of your deliveries by providing you with accurate information on your vehicle’s location.
With eLogii, you can manage your fleets, routes, and drivers in real time to up your customer service, all while enjoying an advanced API and a convenient platform.
Why use eLogii?
- It has innovative AI for tracking and fleet management — With eLogii, you can curate a support system that specifically attends to your company’s needs and delivery demands.
- It has route optimization and customizable features — With eLogii, you’ll have real-time access to your trucks’ locations along with more customizable features. You can also leverage route optimization and dynamic, multi-day, and multi-depot routing.
- It offers a convenient and modern approach to management — eLogii provides you with extra benefits such as transparency, digitalization, fuel cost control, driver safety, and route management.
- It’s user-friendly, with driver experience as a priority — eLogii has an optimized user experience that caters to the needs of your drivers. This includes one-click dialing, navigation, POD collection, task overview and management, and live chat with dispatchers and customers. On top of all of this, eLogii offers a great user experience.
- It offers a modern toolbox for everything you need — You can experience an optimized and multi-faceted delivery management platform in one place. Manage drivers, create automatic records, plan routes, execute a strategy for your deliveries, and receive vital information such as weather and roadblocks all in one app.
How much does eLogii cost?
Now the big question is, how much does it cost?
Unlike other delivery management software solutions, eLogii has no set price. Its pricing model will depend on your company’s needs and the features you want in your tracking system.
Don’t fret, though!
eLogii is designed to accommodate companies of all sizes. Whether you are managing a small group or a larger team, eLogii can provide you with efficient tracking assistance that’s fit for your customer’s demands.
If you want to get an accurate idea of how much eLogii will cost, you can request a pricing proposal by filling in our online form in less than three minutes.
You can also calculate your projected ROI.
Who should use eLogii?
eLogii takes fleet management to another level with its meticulous and unique approach to tracking systems.
Companies that aim to elevate their customer service by providing reliable tracking updates to their customers while maintaining a user-friendly experience will fully enjoy the distinctive features of eLogii.
eLogii is designed to help companies of any size and trade in their goal of prioritizing customer satisfaction, employee safety, and innovation.
If you’d like to see how eLogii can optimize your delivery operations seamlessly, book a demo in just a few clicks.
Final thoughts: What the ability to track a truck does for business growth
Real-time tracking is now undeniably essential in providing your customers with a positive experience.
By equipping your business with the ability to connect with customers and show them their orders in real time, you are offering them a service that they can count on.
You don’t have to stop there, though! Take it a notch further by utilizing delivery management services that empower businesses by giving them all the tools they need in one single platform.